In part 4 of this blog post we discussed how document imaging software allows AP departments to unite data quickly and cost effectively. In this blog post we will discuss how document imaging software allows AP departments to get rid of paper and why AP departments should implement document imaging software.
Get Rid of Paper in AP. Replace it With Electronic Document Agility.
Paper gets lost. It’s also expensive to buy, store, ship, and manage separately from the data it supports in line-of-business systems. When invoices and other documents are captured electronically upon receipt to the organization, those costs are eliminated and the documents have more value. They can be placed where users intuitively expect to find them – such as in ERP transaction, financial reporting or asset management screens – saving time and resources:
- Instantly track document history and status, including who has seen it and decisions or approvals.
- Resolve vendor disputes instantly with supporting documents at users’ fingertips; including purchase orders, invoices, and packing slips.
- Replace costly, error-prone paper processes with automated records management.
Why Document Imaging Software?
With document imaging software solutions for AP, you can eliminate the bottlenecks that add time, cost and risk to AP. Process automation with electronic document management allows you to process more documents in less time.
- Collect every early pay discount available and eliminate late payment penalties.
- Manage volume increases without additional labor by automating routine tasks.
- Automate AP processes with dynamic accrual monitoring that ties to your ERP.
- Know where you stand. Get ERP data with the documents to back it, instantly.
Contact your local document management company for more information about how document software can benefit AP.
For more information about our document imaging software, contact OSAM Document Solutions, Inc.